‘Il Vuci Hielsa / Voice of Freedom‘ sent letters to MPs expressing serious concerns regarding the ongoing discussions about the proposed impending amendments to the International Health Regulations (IHR) and the introduction of the CA+ (also known as the Pandemic Treaty) calling on the government to reject these proposals.
The following are some of the points that were highlighted:
• With these amendments, the people of Malta, the government, and its institutions will be forced to submit to the WHO, an unelected and unaccountable institution, which is not liable for its conduct and/or misconduct.
• 84% of the WHO’s funding from ‘philanthropic’ foundations is from The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. These global players use their tremendous geo-political and financial interests to influence the activities and decisions of WHO, which typically do not align with the interests and well-being of our nation.
• In the (largely secretive) negotiations of the World Health Assembly (WHA – the decision-making body of the WHO), no national or international public comment is ever sought.
• Any amendments adopted by WHA will not require parliamentary scrutiny or voting; however, they are legally binding, and we, the public, will be at their total mercy.
• At the WHA meeting of May 2022, the timeframe within which member states could reject future amendments was significantly reduced to purposely impede the normal democratic process and increase the chances of dangerous and undesirable modifications slipping through, unnoticed by the public and politicians, until it is too late.
• All member states now have until November 2023 to reject FIVE Amendments, which will impact us negatively. To reject an amendment, our government must actively invoke Article 61 of the existing International Health Regulations before the deadline expires.
• Inaction by our government by this deadline is all that is required for these amendments to become binding under international law.
• Many of the proposed IHR amendments upgrade the status of the WHO, from ‘advisory’ to binding, and there is even a proposed amendment to remove the requirement for the WHO to uphold ‘full respect for the dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms of individuals.’ If this proposed amendment makes it to WHA77 for consideration in May 2024, it would be of significant concern or worse.
• Further amendments threaten free speech and seek to increase censorship of differing opinions, potentially transforming our nation into a totalitarian-like state.
• At the 3rd Covid-19 International Summit, the following was highlighted: the mismanagement of the previous pandemic by the WHO, in particular the devastating effects of the measures that the WHO strongly recommended for our country: the lockdowns; the forced isolation of our elderly; the psychological damage suffered by adults and children alike; the loss of income; closure of businesses; restriction of movement and freedoms; the impacts upon our economy and the well-being of us all. And the WHO would repeat this nightmare, this time by diktat, if we allow these amendments to pass.
In the letter, MPs were asked what stance they intend to take in the face of such a threat to our country’s sovereignty and its citizens, should these amendments be imposed upon us.
So far, except for the two letters of acknowledgment from the President and Prime Minister, none of the MPs have replied or acknowledged the email.
Suppose the Maltese Parliament ratifies these amendments to the IHR or approves the new CA+ (pandemic treaty). In that case, this power grab by the WHO will override our Constitution, remove our Parliament’s power concerning these vital aspects, and consequently remove fundamental rights and freedoms. Without the people’s informed consent, this decision becomes an act of treason against the Maltese Nation.